Here's the checklist of questions I want answered in order to work most effectively with a group:
- Who is the leader?
- What's the best way to approach the group?
- What are the group's motivators?
- What does the group need?
- How (and how fast) does the group respond?
- How willing is the group to work with other teams?
- How willing is the group to take responsibility for actions, tasks, and results?
- When to escalate?
- What is the best way to remind the group when they owe me something?
- Who is important to have in what kind of meetings?
- What kind of documentation is needed?
Want the details? Take a look in my Program Management blog.